WinGate 6 Release Notes
The following changes have been made since the initial version of WinGate 6.0.0 (build 983) was released
Version 6.6.4 Build 1338 (Released 14 October 2009)
1. Fixed an issue with the DHCP server where if an old lease referred to a scope that had been deleted, WinGate would not make an offer.
2. Signed the Wgengmon and wgvpnmon applications so they can be loaded in 2k8 server without disabling UAC.
3. Added full minidump capability for troubleshooting.
4. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy where serving files from disk with a space in the URL.
5. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy where accessing FTP servers which use UTF-8 filenames would cause problems.
6. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy with Basic authentication causing some sessions to hang.
7. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to policy that checked server ip address.
8. Fixed an issue in SMTP delivery - no longer try A record when MX record lookup times out.
Version 6.6.3 Build 1321 (Released 12 August 2009)
1. Fixed an issue with the WWW proxy server where certain boundary conditions with chunked responses would cause WinGate to crash if data scanning plugins were installed.
2. Fixed an issue with the WWW proxy server in reverse-proxy mode where it would break URLs with a space in them.
3. Added a registry option to enable all unknown HTTP commands in the WWW proxy.
4. Changed the WWW proxy to strip invalid headers from HTTP responses unless a registry value is set (off by default).
5. Fixed an issue relating to SSL connections where a buffer was improperly deleted.
6. Fixed an event handle leak in sockets class.
7. Fixed several buffer overwrites in SSL certificate generation code.
8. Fixed a potential buffer issue in the DHCP server.
9. Updated WinGate Advanced options applet to handle watchdog thread.
Version 6.6.2 Build 1315 (Released 23 July 2009)
1. Added filtered packet capturing facility. Captures packets in pcap format on all interfaces.
2. Fixed an issue relating to HTTP 1.0 requests which did not contain a Host header
3. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to certain sites using chunked transfers in some boundary cases which caused premature termination of the connection.
4. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to the CONNECT command where some clients sent a CONNECT method with a message body.
5. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy where some sites don't send properly chunked data which was causing the session to hang.
6. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to connecting through an upstream proxy for CONNECT and FTP requests.
7. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to connecting through an upstream proxy - no longer requires DNS.
8. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy where serving files from a UNC base path would result in a 404 file not found error
9. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy where reverse proxying to a server that required authentication would fail.
10. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy with auto-dialing.
11. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to unhandled HTTP methods used by Outlook Web Access
12. Fixed an issue in the WWW proxy relating to authenticated access to FTP sites with user/pass in the URL.
13. A couple of minor tweaks to HTTP caching - now properly honours no-store directive, and allows revalidation with no-cache directive.
14. Fixed an issue where changes to a service configuration or network interfaces could cause port range settings to be lost until WinGate was restarted.
15. Fixed a problem with saving VPN settings which caused a VPN only install to no longer be a VPN only install.
16. Fixed a problem in the SMTP server where RCP files may get stuck in the PostIn folder.
17. Added code to cycle DNS resolver socket to satisfy some misguided DNS servers that start ignoring requests otherwise.
18. Fixed a problem with the installer on Vista, where the driver was not being properly updated.
Version 6.6.1 Build 1278 (Released 28 May 2009)
1. Fixed an ARP problem introduced in 6.6.0 which prevented some gateway routers from communicating with WinGate.
Version 6.6.0 Build 1277 (Released 27 May 2009)
1. New WWW proxy, including changes relating to auth, scanning, caching, pipelining, and HTTP/1.1 support
2. Fixed an issue relating to FIN/RST handling and timeout behaviour in Extended networking.
3. Resolved dialup issues on 2k3 server.
4. Fixed a bug in the IMAP server where it was case-sensitive to certain commands.
5. Fixed a problem with ARP cache timeouts and refreshing.
6. Reworked the VPN control connection mechanism to harden it against attack.
7. Added tunnel keep-alive packets to keep tunnels active through NAT devices.
8. Fixed a problem with editing schedule item actions in VPN-only UI.
9. Fixed a problem editing access rights on hosted VPNs from a remote GateKeeper in VPN-only UI.
10. Deprecated cache freshness overrides (number of days before checking...) in WWW cache.
11. Added schedule option to resynch NT user database
Version 6.5.2 Build 1217 (Released 4 February 2009)
1. Added support for Vista 64 bit.
2. Added support for Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64 bit).
3. Fixed a problem with the dialer on Vista.
4. Fixed a problem with FTP downloads timing out through the FTP proxy
5. Fixed a problem with using policies in extended networking
6. Performance improvement for DNS traffic to servers on the WinGate computer
7. Fixed timeout issue in the following services introduced in 6.5.1: POP3 Proxy, SMTP Proxy, TCP Mappings, IMAP Service, POP3 Service, SMTP receiving
8. changed the target IP for tracert-style gateway monitoring. Now checks against a.gtld-servers.net instead of 18.104.22.168 (which is blocked by some routers)
9. Fixed a problem with multiple concurrent SSL connections which could cause WinGate to become unresponsive.
10. Made a change to the WinGate Client installer to prevent it being installed on Vista.
Version 6.5.1 Build 1203 (Released 22 December 2008)
1. Fixed problem with sending user database to legacy plugins introduced in 6.5.0.
2. Fixed problem with DNS service socket becoming unavailable under heavy load.
Version 6.5.0 Build 1197 (Released 15 December 2008)
1. Added support for Windows Vista 32 bit
2. Added support for Windows XP 64 bit edition
3. Added rebuilding of IMAP mailbox index if index file is deleted.
4. Added support for using Query String in banlist for HTTP policies
5. Added data for policy - connection intercepted: whether or not the connection was intercepted
6. Added diagnostic watchdog thread.
7. Dropped support for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition (ME), and Windows NT 4.
8. Removed relays.ordb.org from default configuration for ORDB settings in mail reception.
9. Changed type for DHCP time offset option from unsigned to signed integer to allow for negative time offsets.
10.Fixed recursion depth issue in DNS resolver which would fail DNS requests returning alias chains longer than 5 levels of indirection (affected download.microsoft.com).
11.Fixed issue with NTLM login in various WinGate services due to token length issues, occasionally seen on ADs with Vista and 2003 server.
12.Fixed an issue with persistence of website settings in WWW proxy (was not removing deleted host headers).
13.Fixed an issue in the DHCP server that was causing lease information to be incorrectly stored. This caused clients to be forced to obtain new IP addresses if the WinGate server was rebooted.
14.Fixed issue where a system message on startup could create deadlock when starting up with large NT User database.
15.Fixed locking and memory leak issue in RIP manager.
16.Fixed stability issue in the WWW proxy related to chunked data transfers
17.Fixed protocol error in GateKeeper which could cause GateKeeper to stop displaying updates
18.Fixed issue in gateway selection where destination is local. No longer perform gateway selection if destination is local
19.Fixed issue in proxies connecting through an HTTP proxy using CONNECT command to non HTTP/1.0 upstream proxy
20.Fixed slow memory leak in Nat control which could occur under high load on multi-CPU machines
21.Fixed race condition in the ENS driver which could result in empty messages being sent to the Nat control (results in Error log in WinGate NAT log).
WinGate 6.2.2 Build 1137 (Released 12 July 2007)
1.Fixed critical security vulnerability in the SMTP server, allowing remote attackers to crash the WinGate service. Thanks to Harmony Security for notifying.
2.Fixed an issue with directory browsing in the WWW proxy service.
3.Fixed an issue with timeouts of large FTP transfers through the FTP proxy.
4.Fixed an issue with large FTP transfers through the WWW proxy where data scanning in use.
WinGate 6.2.1 Build 1133 (Released 7 February 2007)
1.Added user configurable CGI time out option for the Web Server configuration. Originally hard coded to 120 seconds, the configuration allows for a longer time to be set for script execution if necessary.
2.Fixed a bug in the SMTP delivery to local mail boxes where file handles were not being closed properly and so would return an error (Error code 32).
3.Added an error message for the License activation client for cases where the Activation clients disk is full.
4.Fixed a problem where clients using Internet Explorer would receive an error when attempting to use NTLM authentication to an external server through the WWW Proxy.
5. Fixed several potential stability issues
WinGate 6.2.0 Build 1121 (Released 23 November 2006)
1. Added support for per-host-tag handling of server requests in the WWW proxy (Enterprise licenses only). This allows for full multi-site reverse proxy as well as multiple web sites to be hosted by WinGate.
2. Added support for custom header parsing in POP3 collection. This allows for more control over headers used to determine where to deliver mail retrieved by POP3 collection.
3. Added support for blocking of banned file attachments when messages downloaded by POP3 collection.
4. Added support for specifying and defining custom policies for trust in the SMTP server. This allows specific policy determination for which senders will be trusted or not based on a number of parameters.
5. Added support for conformance checking and fixing of mail files when received by SMTP (specifically correct bare LF characters, and escape un-escapted dot characters). This solves a hang problem for Outlook when downloading improperly formatted mail.
6. Added support to allow specification of order of processing of plugins in services.
7. Fixed problem in the WWW proxy related to Windows Update (HEAD command).
8. Fixed problem in the WWW proxy related to POST data to WinGate hosted CGI applications.
9. Fixed problem in the WWW proxy related to certain cache-control response tags.
10. Fixed problem in the IMAP server with "SEARCH ALL" command. Affects mainly Squirrelmail clients
11. Fixed problem in SMTP delivery where sometimes a delivery job for a domain could become blocked.
12. Fixed problem in the SMTP list processor where mail to a list and also other recipients could cause list delivery to fail
13. Added support in the SMTP list processor to allow delivery errors to be reported to sender/postmaster/list owner.
14. Fixed a problem with POP3 collection where mail collection could be halted if POP3 server improperly responded to UIDL command.
15. Fixed an issue where access to some DMZ FTP servers would fail due to firewall holes not being opened properly
16. Fixed a problem with RealAudio data transfer using Standard UDP / Robust UDP
17. Fixed a problem with the DNS service where specifically crafted DNS request packets could block DNS server processing.
18. Fixed a problem in the ENS where certain packets could fail checksum validation and be blocked. Affected mainly large downloads.
19. Fixed a problem in the ENS where OS-based routing could be blocked by WinGate. Affects mainly R&RAS servers with multiple clients running on WinGate.
20. Added option in the ENS to enable control of whether IP, UDP and TCP header checksums would be validated.
21. Added option in the ENS to immediately notify of all UDP hash entries.
22. Couple of performance improvements in the ENS.
WinGate 6.1.4 build 1099 (released 10 July 2006)
1. Fixed a security vulnerability with the IMAP service relating to directory traversal allowing malicious logged in users unauthorised access to other IMAP mailboxes.
2. Fixed an issue with Java login keepalives in the Remote Control Service - previously reported fixed in 6.1.2.
3. Added support for interception in TCP mapping proxies. Now can intercept connections and connect through to original destination if there is no overriding mapping set. This allows the user to pipe traffic on certain ports through to certain gateways.
4. Fixed several issues with Gateway selection - was not setting source IP address if the destination was local, and not taking into account whether an upstream proxy server was local or not.
5. Fixed an issue relating to superfluous DNS lookups in the WWW proxy when cascading through to another proxy server
WinGate 6.1.3 build 1096 (released 9 June 2006)
1. Fixed a critical security issue relating to buffer overrun attacks on the DNS Resolver via WinGate services
2. Fixed a timing-related issue in the mail server queue processing which could result in some messages being moved to the 'dead' folder.
3. Fixed an issue relating to handling of certain Http requests with empty query-strings.
4. Fixed an issue in the WGIC relating to handling of Outlook connections to MS exchange server (overlapped recvfrom command).
WinGate 6.1.2 build 1094 (released 17 May 2006)
1. Fixed an issue where HTTP Basic auth is broken if there are more than one assumed-level policy in the WWW proxy.
2. Fixed an issue relating to Java login keep alives.
3. Fixed an issue of HTTP handling of SSL connects when plugins installed.
4. Fixed an issue with FTP through HTTP when plugins installed.
5. Fix an issue with HTTP POST when using NTLM authentication.
6. Minor modifications to SMTP scheduling, and error handling in some cases. Fix to ESMTP SIZE extension for delivery. Added option to reset next-scheduled-delivery-attempt time when new mail added to domain queue.
7. Fix for SASL LOGIN for SMTP delivery.
8. Fix IMAP session handle leak. Fix also for IMAP delivery stripping out escape dots from mail content.
9. Fix to auto-firewall hole creation from bindings where more than one service needed the same hole created.
10. Added option in the ENS to control whether TCP checksums should be validated.
11. Fix to WINS enumeration to stop memory leaks on networks running WINS servers.
12. Fix a bug relating to Realaudio proxy having diff=iculty accessing certain sites.
13. Fixed a bug in the mailing list, where in some cases list mail could be rejected.
14. Fixed a bug in the installer, where uninstalling didn't remove all settings.
15. Made changes to the installer relating to proper recognition of upgrade.
16. Made changes to default policies for the Remote Control Service to make it more difficult for people to lock themselves out of GateKeeper when they modify system policies
17. Made a change to the WGIC to make it work properly with certain antivirus products.
18. Added the server certificate manager to the WinGate VPN.
19. Fixed an issue with KAV scanning through SSL via a cascading proxy.
20. Improved the way WinGate handles disk IO access for IMAP and HTTP scanning.
WinGate 6.1.1 build 1077 (released 1 December 2005)
1. Added ability for WinGate to perform Network Address Translation in single-NIC configuration, based on next hop being along a default route.
2. Fixed problem in mail reception where mail from domains whose MX records resolved to an IP addresses (rather than a host name) would be blocked if "block invalid sender domain" was enabled
3. Added setting of TCP/IP reserved port to WinGate installer to stop Active Directory servers from binding system services to SOCKS port.
4. Fixed issue in the WWW Proxy where some WebDAV HTTP extension commands may not work properly (affects some use of Outlook Web Access).
5. Fixed upgrade/installation issue in Kaspersky AntiVirus plugin v2.0 (problem only present on Windows 95/98/ME).
6. Modified handling of SASL LOGIN for POP3 collection and SMTP delivery to handle some non-standard server prompts.
7. Added support for SASL LOGIN authentication option for the SMTP service, allowing Outlook clients to authenticate for mail sending when running the WinGate user database.
8. Fixed problems with Syn Cookie handling, added 'Syn Cookie' and 'Notify on Access' options for service bindings.
9. Added more options for delete handling in IMAP mailboxes, can now move to trash, expunge or simply tag - for email clients that don't offer this functionality.
WinGate 6.1.0 build 1068 (released 1 November 2005)
1. Added IMAP4 server. Supports RFC3501 plus several extensions: UNSELECT, LITERAL+, ID, UIDPLUS, IDLE, STARTTLS, $Forwarded and $MDNSent.
2. Email list support. Can now define mailing lists in WinGate email domains
3. Added support for SASL LOGIN authentication for POP3 collection and SMTP delivery
4. No longer require the firewall to be enabled for ENS relays and Transparent proxy to work.
5. Routing now works also between two External interfaces. Previously was only between two Internal interfaces
6. Now report packets dropped due to checksum failures to engine (Firewall tab).
7. Fixed several problems with CGI support for PHP.
8. Fixed several problems with POP3 collection, including hanging on completion.
9. Fixed problem with SSL connections losing socket notifications causing sessions to hang/time out. Affected mainly SMTP reception with STARTTLS enabled, POP3 collection with STLS enabled.
10. Fixed problem with routing ICMP packets if pinging the WinGate machine itself was disabled.
11. Fixed a bug where if no Central Configuration policies have been created or if Central Configuration is not available, the local exclusion list would not have been checked.
12. Fixed a problem with Interleaved connections in the RTSP proxy.
13. Several obsolete mapping services no longer created by Installer
14. Fixed policy issue where selecting the "Everyone" user but not setting "Everyone" as ticked could deny access to services.
15. Fixed a problem in the scheduler where some critical events could run repetitively
16. Fixed a case where incorrect text would be logged against a quarantine entry if the reason length exceeded 10000 bytes
17. Added logging support for plugins. This is supported by version 2 of Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate and version 2 of PureSight for WinGate.
18. Only show computers in the network pane where these have a NetBIOS SERVER resource
19. Fixed an issue in the User database GUI when using the remote database option. There was a functionality issue with the Synchronise userdatabase on engine start option.
20. Fixed an issue with the autoupdate event in the WinGate scheduler
21. Fixed an issue where deleting certificates from the Server Certificates manager wouldn't work.
22. Installation Guide button was broken when installing WinGate. There is now a separate document for WinGate installation guide (WinGateInstall.chm)
23. New functionality added to helpfile with updated DHTML features; including in-page image links and easier layouts
24. Updated helpfile content improvements, including sections for Active Directory, System Messages, Imap server.
25. New WinGate Installation guide, with network scenarios and step by step installation help.
26. Several MTU-related driver bug fixes,including fixing Path MTU discovery for tunnel packets, fixing driver-generated ICMP errors for outbound packets over MTU on tunnels.
27. Fixed an issue where if the DHCP service was disabled this wasnt reflected in GateKeeper.
28. Fixed an issue with manual overrides of network interface MTU. It Now responds to changes (increases and decreases) of device MTU.
29. Changed the way the driver analyses MSS and MTU for TCP connections. Simplified handling solves issues where the driver could learn an incorrect device MTU.
30. Fixed a problem in license management, where duplicate product entries would result in duplicate licenses being displayed.
31. Added an option for overriding interface metric. This allows administrators to prioritise routes in the ENS driver (i.e. to specify that one gateway takes precedence over another for NAT traffic).
32. Restructured Plugin API. This means that old plugins will no longer work. New plugins are available.
33. Added option in SMTP reception to scan and reject files prior to accepting responsibility for their delivery. This greatly reduces the number of quarantined items and email bounce messages related to email-borne viruses.
WinGate 6.0.4 build 1025 (released 23 March 2005)
1. Fixed the WGIC's dialup monitor so that users can now disconnect connect the dialup connection from a client PC running the WGIC.
2. Fixed an issue with SMTP, that could cause the mail being sent to fail if the far end server sent a multi line response.
3. We now show the Remote Control Service in the VPN only GUI.
4. Fixed an issue whereby if a User and Group had the same name policies would fail to work correctly.
5. Fixed a problem with regard to User auditing and a User's account balance.
6. Added a check for sites that use different port numbers in on-page URL's.
7. Fixed an issue with bounce messages and temporary errors.
8. Improved the logic with regard to which panes Gatekeeper shows by default.
9, Fixed a display issue with the right click options ("The time this machine connected at") on the Activity pane in GateKeeper.
10. Improved security in the WinGate firewall by removing UDP ports 1024->4096 on a default installation
11. Improved VPN handling of private IP ranges other the 192.168.xxx.xxx.
12. Standalone WinGate VPN now has available the Extended Network option of black holing IP's.
13. Fixed a problem with SMTP logging of APOP, AUTH etc.
14. Changed VPN Connection method to prevent the broadcast of given messages to given nodes.
15. Resolved an issue in SMTP with NULLs before CRLF.CRLF in end of message
16. Fixed an issue with WinGate VPN which had been limiting the maximum number of RIP routes it could handle,
17. Fixed a BSOD which could occur when WinGate was under high-load.
18. Fixed an issue in the driver which resulted in connections being intercepted when WinGate was acting as a router.
19. Fixed deadlock in the driver.
20. Fixed a memory leak with the WGIC to do with hooking Windows System applications.
21. Tidied up the way GateKeeper behaves when WinGate is unlicenced.
22. Updated the installer to re-include the uninstall survey.
23. Numerous Help file improvements.
24. Fixed an issue with the WinGate Engine Monitor, and VPN Monitor not reflecting the current status of the WinGate service correctly on Terminal
25. Fixed an issue with POP Collection, which could cause a message to be overlooked for retrieval if the connection to the remote mail server was
26. Fixed an issue with upgrading from previous versions of WinGate mail, which could lead to User's being permanently disabled for email access.
27. Resolved an issue with FTP connections and the driver, which could cause large downloads to fail after a random amount of data had been received.
28. Fixed a problem with the driver, whereby upon initial connection of a (WinGate) VPN after a machine reboot, no traffic would move across despite
the connection looking like it had been correctly established.
29. Improved the communications mechanism between the Driver and the Engine.
30. Fixed a display issue which would still show UDP connections below port 1024 even though the option to do this had been de-selected.
31. Fixed an issue with passing 0 length files through to a plugin which could lead to an inability to terminate that session.
WinGate 6.0.3 build 1005 (released 16 September 2004)
1. Fixed a problem with SMTP delivery, where it was possible that some mail received for a domain whilst mail was being delivered to that same domain would not be delivered.
2. Fixed a problem with service bindings, where if one service (even if disabled) was using a port, and had a binding policy, no other services could use that port
3. Fixed an ongoing problem with license use accounting on Multi-use IP configurations where clients are using proxy configuration (specifically where the first session to connect on a machine requires a license, then a license would leak. For WGIC control sessions and DNS requests, no license is required, therefore this problem mainly showed up in proxy configurations).
4. Fixed a bug where VPN control connections would hang if the username was invalid where using the WinGate user database.
5. Fixed a bug related to hash entry timeouts in the ENS introduced in build 1000 related to FIN-ACK attack handling.
WinGate 6.0.2 build 1001 (released 11 September 2004)
1. Fixed a problem in SMTP delivery introduced in build 1000 related to sending mail to servers that do not accept mail containing NULL characters.
2. Fixed a problem with POP3 collection where a session would time out if the terminating CRLF.CRLF which indicates the end of a message was not all received in the same buffer.
3. Fixed a problem on new installation where on first run (not subsequent runs) of the engine, no mail authentication methods are available.
4. Made some modifications to mail installation to avoid conflicts with existing mail servers on the same machine.
5. Changed default setting for gateway monitoring to off.
WinGate 6.0.2 build 1000 (Released 10 September 2004)
1. Fixed a bug whereby the windows services could still be hooked by the WGIC, even when it had been disabled.
2. Fixed a problem with POP3 collection where it would hang parsing files of a specific size (8192 bytes exactly after received stamp).
3. Changed the VPN behaviour so that Joiners details (whose properties are set to only allow tunnels to the Master (hoster)) are not published around the rest of the VPN.
4. Certificates that are generated on the fly while creating a VPN are now available instantly, rather than having to exit the dialog and re-enter.
5. Fixed a problem with GateKeeper crashing if the user edited policies whilst using a version 4 or previous license.
6. Resolved a problem with Assumed users and Authenticated users existing in the same service, which could cause users to be denied access.
7. Licence counts are now adhered to correctly.
8. Fixed a memory leak in the WRP Central Configuration policies.
9. Fixed a problem that would not allow the WGDM to be displayed unless you had an Enterprise license.
10. Fixed an issue with GateKeeper disappearing a few seconds after logging in.
11. Resolved a problem with 'Access Denied (403)' errors for some web-pages (especially with images) when using NTLM authentication.
12. Fixed a bug which could cause holes in the firewall for the VPN to disappear each time the Engine was restarted.
13. Improved history database startup when the file is corrupted.
14. Improved handling of WG Engine Monitor and VPN Monitor when running in a Terminal Server environment.
15. Changed the default behavior of adapter detection, so that now an adapter with a private IP and a default gateway will now show as Internal.
16. Fixed the Right click option in the Network tab, for Local network, so that now the properties menu will display.
17. Fixed problem with Path MTU discovery for connections made by WinGate where using specific gateways.
18. Fixed bluescreen related to UDP broadcast relaying where there were more than 32 current VPN tunnels.
19. Fixed a problem that stopped HTTP caching from working properly if plugins were in use.
WinGate 6.0.1 build 995 (Released 12 August 2004)
1. Fixed a problem activating version 6 keys
2. Fixed a problem with migration of VPN certificates when upgrading from previous versions.
WinGate 6.0.1 build 993 (Released 10 August 2004)
1. Fixed a problem which stopped PureSight for WinGate from running with a licensed key.
2. Fixed a problem with Web caching on sessions with multiple HTTP 1.1 requests
3. Fixed a problem with VPN tunnels where more than one tunnel exists between the same two IP addresses
4. Fixed a problem with WRP and WGIC when running without an Enterprise license.
5. Fixed a problem which caused the WWW Proxy to serve the Java Client when a site was blocked by the ban list.
6. Improved the license manager so it will handle PureSight for WinGate and Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate License keys.
7. WGOptions now allows disabling DNS servers from being used, in order to resolve DNS loop issues.
8. Changed order of installation sequence for activation, so this happens prior to removing previous WinGate
version on upgrades (so the firewall is still active for the required internet connection).
WinGate 6.0.0 build 984 (Released 29 July 2004)
1. Fixed a problem with Blackholing IP addresses on some network adapters.
2. Fixed a couple of problems with activation, including license names containing special characters.
3. Fixed a buffer leak problem in the WinGate ENS with gateway pre-selection